Friday, June 24, 2011

Racing vs. Drinking

While enduring my post-race hangover this past Sunday, I found myself wondering why, though I had not drunken a drop of anything more potent than Pocari Sweat,  I felt like I'd just downed 4 shots of tequila. It just wasn't fair. Afterall, running is a 'good' thing to do, so why did it leave me feeling like $%!# ?  


The simple answer is, of course, ELECTROLYTES, but the question itself got me thinking about the parallels between drinking and racing, and in turn, the similarities between the people who undertake these two activities.  For me, contemplation leads to blogging, and so I present to you:




Racing vs. drinking
A (very) concise comparison


1.  It's better with friends. 


2.  Improper pacing often leads to disastrous results.  


3.  It always starts out with good intentions, but somewhere along the line, what once seemed like a great idea starts to seem like a death trap and you vow to never, ever, EVER do it again.... until next weekend.


start:'my body is a temple'
finish:  'i can't feel my legs'



start:'this could
 be really good'
finish: 'there is no
good in the world'













start:' pretty happy my wife made 
me do this'
finish: 'divorce'




























No comments:

Post a Comment