Tuesday, December 21, 2010

mini jr post

Just a little note to say 'Hello, North Korea has not gotten us... yet'.


Tim and I are just on our way to the staff Christmas party.  We have a 'Christmas Day' at school tomorrow for the kindergartens and will be heading to Jeju on Thursday for a few days!


This past weekend, Tim was sick with a flu-ish type illness and had to miss out on the run in Nak Dong with the Waeguks Got Runs group.  


I went... ALONE.... and got to see the old gang again for what turned out to be a 9km course run mostly on dirt paths, led by a man on a scooter.  So, it was a genuine 'fun' run, in every sense of the word. 


Because I can't help it:
It was a great run/race. I decided to treat it as a 10km tempo for my upcoming half marathon ( in Feb), and although it did come up short by a km, I did manage to stay on pace for my goal of 4:15 kilometres. Yes-ah!


Afterwards, a group of us went out for barbeque - a meal I don't think that I have even talked about yet, but is super common in Korea. 


Korean barbecue involves sitting at a small table with a hole in the middle for coals. A grill is put on top and you are brought a plate of raw meat ( usually beef or pork).  After the meat is cooked ( by you ), you place it on a lettuce leaf, with a bit of sauce and maybe some pickled radishes, garlic, or jalapenos. 


Very simple, very delicious, and speaking of which, it is time to head out to our supper/party!


More soon:)



No comments:

Post a Comment