Friday, October 1, 2010

it's saturday.

Bain, allo, bonjour, c'est samedi!
warning  to non-runners, this entry is about 99% running blabber, so you may choose to ignore it.


It's a beautiful day in Busan today.  The weather is so neutral it is amazing... sunny at room temperature = perfect. 


Tomorrow is the Gwanga bridge race and I am super pumped. From what I could understand of the Korean information I have, there are 10,000 people in the whole race ( half, 10km and 5km) and of those, 2,600 are female. I guess running is a man's game here - or racing is at least. I have no idea what the results were last year and I'm anxious to see what the competition is like here. 

08-08-06-001.gif.jpg



I am now registered for three 10km races, and one half marathon:
October 3rd - Gwanga bridge 10km
October 17th - Gyeongju 10km
November 7th - Yangsan 10km
November 14th - Dadaepo half marathon


After that I am sure I will be due for a rest.... man, after two 10 kms I'll be ready for a rest. 
I am not really sure what I was/am thinking, I got carried away with registering and it doesn't hurt that these races all cost only 25$ to do. 


I also think it's a great way to meet people and to see new places. 
I recently came across a foreigner running group:
Waeguks Got Runs

which has just changed my life! Through it's creator, Kylene, I now know where there is a track, an asics outlet store, and about many many races (hence the registration frenzy).
I haven't met Kylene in person yet but plan to see her tomorrow morning before the race.


There are no friends like running friends, and I hope there are some to be found here in the SK.


I did an easy, short run this morning at the gym on the treadmill and a few strides ( not easy on the treadmill ).  I thought of my XC girls and listened to I Gotta Feeling, and I cannot wait for the gun tomorrow am.


I also met a new Korean lady friend at the gym,' Song-gu' (?).... she saw me writing in my workout notebook and asked me ( in a charade-y type of way) if I was a body-builder. 


ON that note... I am off. 
Results to follow soon!
-J





No comments:

Post a Comment