Saturday, October 2, 2010

yesssa.

nothing like it. 

Race one, down.
Three to go!

Awesome awesome awesome race experience today.
We met up with the group before the race ( around 7:30am ), put our stuff in Kylene and Ian's generously provided tent, and warmed up to the start line ( after 3 trips to the bathroom ).
It was the worst weather possible for pre-race, but the best for running:  drizzly and cloudy.

I managed to get up to the very front for the start and stayed with the second-ish pack for most of the race.
We can across the Gwanga bridge on the way out, took the ramp down, then ran back on the lower level of the bridge. At the turn around point I could see 3 women ahead of me, and hoped to catch them, but never managed to.

I felt awesome about my race... not sure what my exact time was ( apparently they MAIL your results to you, along with a picture ) but somewhere between 43 and 44 minutes. Not a PB or a 'great' time, but I am happy with it, because this was more of an experimental run than anything else.

Post race, there was free Makali, a Korean rice wine, which made me throw up in my mouth.

The top three in each race got flowers, and a nice box with a trophy... that will be me soon!!

There was a great vibe at the race, lots of people around, despite the rain, and really really well organized.
After, we turned in our race chips and got our medals and a bag of food and water in return - a great system.

Tim and I were interviewed by the Busan English radio station before the race and asked to talk about our motivation and advice for other runners, fun!

Our new friend Ian came second overall with a time in the high 34s..... amazing!

Can't wait for the next race in 2 weeks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment